Hi, my name is Michiel Ebberink. I’m a entrepreneurial UX/UI designer and creative with more than 16 years of experience. I successfully transform verbal ideas into interactive experiences. Understanding the users and how they will interact with the product being developed. My work includes projects for Ford, IBM, American Express, BT, Unilever, Deloitte, WWF, several media agencies, publishers and smaller startups.
This is what I do
- Product development I've worked as a product advisor at several startups I also launched my own successful products in iGaming and travel.
- Visual Design You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. I'm a classically trained designer, studied Design and New Media Theory.
- Design for Mobile With the rise of the smartphone I've also focused on developing and designing user experiences for mobile devices.
- Wireframes Without a clean wireframe you can't start designing or developing. I've made many and I actually enjoy making them.
- User interface design An interface design needs to meet with usability standards. Pixel perfect design without concessions.
- User flows To better understand ideas and creative concepts I draw user flows. I try to be empathic with the end-user or persona.
Some older and recent work examples. Click for more detail
In the early stages of the web, there wasn’t as much collaboration between web designs and larger advertising campaigns, customer transactions, social networking, intranets and extranets as there is now. Web pages were mainly static online brochures disconnected from the larger projects. Many web pages are …
Next week I will be giving a presentation about T shaped and Sun shaped expertise. Its a new insight into the design process where (interface) designers can stay enthusiastic in their work instead of feeling unhappy or being pixel pusher. Usually the designer is in between …
Every designer has its own technique of working with photoshop. But what happens when you work with several designers on the same document. Here are the absolute basics for working with shared documents. • Use ruler guides. If the existing dimensions of a graphic has changed, …
Just a quicky on this one. But I think it will help out a lot of you, struggling with the data compression and the minified includes injected into the main html. I do a lot of developing on the road and use MyWi 4.0 to tether …